Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 27 February 2018

February rambles

I can hardly believe we are at the end of February already. It seems to have gone by in a blur. And because I have been so busy of late, I am going to give myself a little break, and only post a few pics for my post today.

But first, because I have just realised that I didn't post any pics from the Blue Moon-super moon-blood moon-total lunar eclipse on 31 January, here are a couple of the pics I took that night. Were you able to see it from where you were? Amazing wasn't it! 
We travelled up to Wellington Dam, about 30 minutes from home, to see it because I knew there would be very little ambient light there. At least the event was in the evening so I didn't have to get up at midnight. We just made it in time to see the moon coming up over the trees. 


A couple of weeks ago I blogged here - In the summer time - about a few events we went to in February - a dragon boat regatta, a Spanish sundowner, and to see the around the Busselton jetty swim. 


Last Saturday I was involved in the South West Multicultural Festival. This is a fabulous annual free family event with performances from many cultural groups and food trucks selling food from all around the world.  
I was there performing with my dance group - Sol y Sombra Spanish Dance Company. 
You can see those of us who performed on the night below here. That's me on the far right. As you can see we are different ages, heights, and body shapes, which is a great thing about Flamenco dance. 

And some of the other performances from the night.
 


 I've seen them before, but I always love the Japanese drummers.


 Last Friday we went down to our fruit growing area as I had a photo gig for a local company - Solarfruit - to take photos for their new on-line sales website (the link takes you to their current web site). They sun-dry stone fruit and make all sorts of delicious dried fruit products. 


Now that summer is on it's way out and the cooler mornings and evenings of autumn are creeping in, the pear trees are fruiting.


 Life is just a little bit busy, and I would just like to sit here on the waterfront with my feet up. If I thought February was busy, March is shaping up to be even busier, but we actually found a week in March where we have nothing written in - so I've written across the week - go away in caravan. Stay tuned! 
I need to remember the blessings of a busy life from my post last week - Blessings and Inspiration



 So that's a wrap from February. Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.  

You might also like - South West Multicultural Festival under the stars 2016

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Life in Reflection

Hello there! I love reading your comments. If you scroll down to the bottom you can comment too! I would love to hear from you.

If you are a blogger you can also link your blog to Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global.


17 comments:

  1. Great shots of the moon! I can hardly believe it's almost March!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. February certainly has been a busy month for you and who could blame you for wanting to sit with your feet up and look at the ocean? It was great to see your lunar eclipse shots they are amazing.
    As a basically very nosy person I do enjoy the glimpses into other lives that MM brings me each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so I just posted about sitting around and reading books while you've been so busy this post made me tired! Glad you are enjoying life - that's what it's really all about isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely series of photography! Love the moon shots and the beach shot!

    Happy Week to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a busy month Jill -- no wonder it went by in a hurry. The multicultural festival would be right up our alley -- we love that kind of event.... Your flamenco troop looks great and I can tell you have a wonderful time ... love all it represents, as you say. Thanks for sharing the fun and joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be so cool to see the Spanish dancers! Colorful costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We didn't get to see the moon because we were completely cloud covered, so I'm delighted to see your pictures of it. :-) And I love your dancing photos. So much life and movement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, hard to believe almost 20% of the year is behind us already! As long as you're enjoying it ... that's the important thing! There is little I savor as much as a fresh, juicy pear - and those two look like winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are great, and does look like you've been busy. I like them all. Love the blue water with the swimmer and I could sit in those chairs for hours also and just enjoy the water and the scenery. Thanks for sharing.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  10. That moon!! Happy end of February!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jill, that one image of the dance festival is a killer, Jill - magnificent! Didn't realize you were involved in Wed. around the world too! Usually link into this meme at Betty from New Zealand's blog, but I don't see it there.... hope everything is okay at her blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos! My favorite is the dance photo from the corner of the stage with the smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful you look in your dance costume! You HAVE been very busy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shots of the moon! I really love the warmth and the movement of your In the summer time photo. Your dance group looks beautiful, such lovely smiles! Great photos!! Have a wonderful time caravanning in March!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  15. seems like a wonderful show :) Love all dancers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing collection of photography, I love your blog and the way you represent.I am also interesting in photography here are food photography

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.