Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Wednesday 11 November 2015

On the 11th hour, the 11th day of the 11th month, we will remember them





 We will remember them. The tragedies of war are not just those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and lost their lives, but those who came home damaged in mind, body and spirit.



If you live in Western Australia, or touring through, I encourage you to visit the National Anzac Centre in Albany. You will see the faces, and read the words, and you will come away with a new appreciation of the human cost of war.
The writing on this post have been borrowed from the National Anzac Centre. 

National Anzac Centre, Albany







Australian War Memorial, Canberra

 We will remember them.

I cannot listen to The Last Post without tears coming to my eyes. 
The Last Post



You might also like: where you will read the significance of the names on the placques in the collage above to our family. .
anzac-day-25-april-2015-100-years 

Thank you for stopping by. Does 11 November remembrance have a significance to you and your family?

 

6 comments:

  1. In every country we should always remember and honor our veterans and those lost in battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tribute to our Anzacs. We were in Albany last year for Anzac Day and although we didn't attend the dawn service we walked up the hill later on and reflected here for a while. The light brigadesmen statues are remarkable. We have also been to Gallipoli where I saw the memorial plaque of my great great uncle who was killed on the first day of battle somewhere at the cove. I stood at Lone Pine and cried so much for such a senseless loss of lives. Anzac Day is such a wonderful tradition as is remembrance day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, my great-uncle also died at Gallipoli - on 2 May 2015 at Wire Gully. Every Anzac Day I cry for him even though I never knew him, and when we went to the Australian Warm Memoral we left a poppy next to his name. NA Clayden. You can see above. Going there made him more real for him. My sister visited Lone Pine when she was in Gallipoli.

      Delete
  3. One of the most lasting memories we have of our travels in Crete is the Military Cemetery where so many, many young men from Australia are now permanently resting as result of their military duty there during the war. While it is a beautiful place and the sun warms the area, I always have a chill walking through it and thinking how senseless war really is. A beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very touching tribute to all of the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives, and others, their health, for our freedom. The poem, 'We Are the Maimed' got to me, Jill. Alluding to 'In Flanders Fields', a poem I learned as a school girl, here, in Canada, it reminds us that so many of those brave men and women who did return from the tragedy of war, had/have their own battles to face even though they managed to return to their homeland.

    I have been to the Military Cemetery in Crete that Jackie has mentioned, above, and it is exactly as she describes. The sun shines on the departed, while our hearts swell with darkness, in their presence.

    A heartfelt and important post. Thanks for sharing.

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful tribute Jill. As you now know from Facebook, my husband fought in Viet Nam. They called it a conflict, but it was a war. Our country alone, lost 58,000 plus and have over 1,000 still MIA. I dated my husband for nearly 6 years before he was drafted and when he came home, he was not, has never been the same, though in past several years mellowed more. His brothers whom he was with there are closer to him, than his siblings, bonded for life. Yes I remember, we remember and not just one, but all. God bless their memories, their lives and for our freedoms here and there, Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.