Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Photographing on black

Playing around with photographing on a black tile in my light box with my macro lens the other day. I must say I haven't used my light box for a long time, so it was fun to get it out and experiment.

 Truss tomatoes - I like the way the red really stands out against the black in this shot - just be careful you clean off all the specs on the black tile or glass - it is amazing how they show up on your image!



Cinnamon quills - 

Star Anise -

old spoons -

This one is mushrooms on a mirror with a black backdrop-


cherries on mirror with white backdrop -


and cinnamon on brown paper

and Orios! on white with white background -


 Thank you for stopping by. Do you spend time playing around and experimenting with your camera? Have a wonderful week.

If you would like to see more of my food photography please go to my Flickr page by clicking here Jill's food set on Flickr

I am linking up to Mosaic Monday  and Our World Tuesday  . Please click on the links to see the work of other contributors around the world. 


 


27 comments:

  1. Glad your experimenting Jill. That's part of the fun of photography, trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the images and wonderful ideas to try. Wonderful. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images. Love the old spoons especially, but they are all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series of photographs. Have you tried looking through a jam jar you get a great effect.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynnyholly/8476176846/in/pool-2130293@N24/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great experiments! Love those cinnamon quills. So much texture. Yes, I enjoy playing with my camera. So much to learn. So much fun! Have a great week, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps you can add experimenting with your camera to your list of winter things to do Lorrie!

      Delete
  6. The red tomatoes on the black tile are so dramatic. The change of DOF is also very interesting in some of the other photos. A great series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are great photos! Love the star anise and the shrooms! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous shots! Dramatic and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots
    Thanks for your visit
    Have a nice day
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the tomatoes - they're just like little jewels!! And my earth sign psyche likes the line of cherries reflecting another line of cherries - almost good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful images and great concepts and ideas! I love the cinamon sticks and the cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those tomatoes look good!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful shots! I love the reflections and the vibrancy of the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never tried anything so creative! We're remodeling our kitchen..I'd love to have images this lovely on an occasional backsplash tile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your experimental pics, and the results you get. If i had to pic two immediate faves it would be the tomatoes and the oreos. Hmm, new dinner combo perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wish me luck with them at the Photography Group of Bunbury submissions on Thursday Jo!

      Delete
  16. Mmmmmm. Stop with the gorgeous foody images - I'm hungry now! Great vibrancy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, how beautiful your pictures are♡♡♡ And your technique is amazing; I wish I could learn from you, p;)
    I followed you, my new Australian friend.
    Thank you very much for stopping by and hope you are having a wonderful week.


    Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pictures are just magical!! My favorite is the one with the cherries, Michigan is a huge cherry producing state. The star anise is great too, hard to believe nature created the pattern. Thanks for the suggestion of making a sentence from a book stack a fun idea. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you are genius, absolutely genius...love all of these and you really showed the Cinnamon Quills, which we call simply sticks...I like quills better;', and the Star Anise with incredible detail of texture...very nice! Thank you so very much for your very kinds words written to me recently. It is going to be a long while, but I keep my hopes alive, that is all that one can ever do, in moving forward...Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these foodie shots. Awesome cinnamon curls and star anise. :)

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.