Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 20 June 2011

Memories in old things....

During a project on Fllickr last week, and inspired by fellow photographer Lindyannajones, I went around my house photographing old things. Each of them holds memories from the past -

Clockwise from top right -
 pair of candle holders mounted on my wall, handles of salad servers from my mother-in-law, the basket weave of my grandmother's sewing basket, ribbon spool from old manual Imperial typewriter (I learnt to type on one of these at school), detail from a kerosene lamp, an iron stand, my grandmother's silk iron, keys from the Imperial typewriter, and in the centre my grandmother's silver thimble. The thimble dates from the late 1800 - early 1900s. The detail is exquisite - I treasure it.

If you wonder about the coppery tones on some of the objects, these photos were taken in low light so I upped the ISO so I could hand hold, ans this was the result!  I think the colouring suited the age of the objects.


and the handle of a silver serving spoon


I'm linking up with Mary and other wonderful photographers at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday - please click on the link to see their beautiful work -  Mosaic Monday - Little Red House


7 comments:

  1. Impressive individual pictures stitched seamlessly together to create a new whole.
    The colour, detail are just right and the provenance brings the mosaic and the items to life.
    I think several of us will want to try this one out Jill, its excellent
    from Beachcomber, through Flickr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection and fabulous way to present them Jill, nice work!
    From Mtdvetter from Flickr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindyannajones23 June 2011 at 17:46

    Perfect in everyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect combination of metalic tones. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning and so well done. I would love to do one like this someday if I can. Somedays are good and some arnt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos and great subjects - I love photographing old things too!
    amy of four corners design

    ReplyDelete
  7. ;-) ;-) ... My upcoming blog post title is " Memories in Glass Jars" ... ;-) ;-) ... May be I can too try a beautiful mosaic like this for that post... !!! Love this... Simple day to day objects yet very beautifully captured...!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.