Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Thursday 7 April 2011

The rain has come!

Finally after 72 days without rain - and drought conditions in our south west corner of Western Australia  - during last night we heard rain on the roof! What a sweet sound it was. Throughout the day we had showers, interspersed with sunny skys. It has been a long hot dry summer and the rain has freshened everything. I ran outside with my camera this morning before work and took a few photos of the raindrops on my roses.


and leaves......


and in my lunch-hour I drove to the beach and sat in the car and watched the rain......


I picked up a little book of quotes, called "Enjoy the Journey", in a cafe in town today - here is one of them. We are going through a difficult time at the moment and this quote was a gentle reminder to cherish every moment - as it is all part of the "tissue" of life.

"Savor"

Life, we learn too late,
is in the living,
the tissue of every day and hour.

 by Stephen B Leacooke


4 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine 72 days without rain! The roses must be so grateful for those precious raindrops. Thankyou for your comment on our transformation, so many people do not have vision which is such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can only imagine how wonderful the rain was - just the sound of it probably made you giddy. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. They are stunning!
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your rain drop photos. I can only imagine how glad you were to see the rain! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine 72 days without rain!

    Hope it helps to wash away whatever troubles you're facing...or at least gives you a fresh perspective on them.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.