Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Sunday 13 December 2015

Went down to the beach to play one day



It is summer here in Australia. School is nearly finished and the summer holidays are nearly here. 
I found this poem in an old poetry book - and I liked the images it provoked. So I put together a few photos and created a mosaic to share with the poem with you.....
 
ps - there are no capitals because that's how it was in the book -






"maggie and milly and molly and may"
 By EE Cummings


maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach (to play one day)


and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn’t remember her troubles, and


milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;


and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles; and



 may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.



For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)
It’s always ourselves we find in the sea


(from the poetry book – The Charge of the Light Brigade and other story poems – Scholastic Book Services, 1969)



Thank you so much for stopping by. What is your world looking like in December? Perhaps you'd like to tell us about it in the comments. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week. 

 
I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays

Lifestyle Fifty Monday Linkup 
Our World Tuesday

Through My Lens 
Image-in-ing
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Worth Casing Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday

The Weekly Postcard




You might also like:

Life is a beach in Western Australia
Return to Wedge - Indian Ocean Drive
Busselton Jetty Swim




28 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful poem and for your lovely images to go with it.
    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cold and windy here at our beaches so it was nice to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beach photos Jill and I also loved the poem. My December is looking fairly cruisy. Just made my Christmas pudding on the weekend and have done most of my shopping. Christmas lunch is at my brother's house in Currumbin Valley so not much for me to do except take the pudding and make a salad. We are heading off on an Asian cruise in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like a lovely time is planned Kathy. enjoy.

      Delete
  4. What a great selection of images, Jill! I love the poem you have chosen to go with them. The beach is my favourite place. In Brisbane, our Spring was extremely hot and humid so we are in for a very hot and humid summer. We will be travelling "home" to Melbourne's Mornington Peninsula for 2 1/2 weeks over Christmas and New Year to celebrate my parent's 60th Wedding Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jill, I just loved this post and the cute poem! The photos are just perfect too. We are enjoying a mild December so far, I love it. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking in with "Through My Lens"

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely poem and sights of summer. I especially like the starfish.
    Our winter is very different so far thanks to El Nino. Temperatures in the mid 50s when it should be below freezing with lots of snow. If it does turn cold without the insulation of snow I'm going to lose a lot of plants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that underwater shot! Which camera did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use my small Canon G11 in an underwater housing. Nothing flash. Shallow water off the beach at Coral Bay is perfect as the sunlight lights up what you are trying to photograph underwater.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love the poem and you illustrated it so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a happy, wonderful summer! Just love your beach and ocean images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely photo poem and gorgeous pics. Kids and the beach are a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful beach pics!
    I am dying to visit one now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh a fabulous time to greet the new season and end the year.....I love the beach too!

    Donna
    Gardens Eye View
    Living From Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  14. So wonderful and lovely pictures!
    Ps: My arm is better now thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WONDERFULL sea shots ,greeting from Belgium

    http://louisette.eklablog.com / Mons my city
    http://retriever-louisettesblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed the photos you used to illustrate the poem. I also enjoyed the photos from the sea! We are in winter here in the mountains of Colorado - much snow and wind today!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool photos! I especially like the crab.
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/12/beautiful-saint-maarten.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wondeful feelings when I look at your adorable photos ♥
    Here in Sweden we have a very mild winter so far. No snow... :-(
    In the end of the next week the winterholiday starts for my son in school. Bet he's longning for it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So jealous of your summer photos! We are freezing here in Southern California.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the under water shot! Here is to a lovely summer for you!
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. The second photo is my favourite in this post. It makes me think of my own childhood days at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The beach is always a wonderful place for surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the underwater photo Jill, of course, I love all of them. So strange how here it is winter and there it is summer. I envy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jill. I love the poem and your photos. They fit together perfectly. Thanks for linking up this week. #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.