Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Spring in the Western Australian wheatbelt

We have been away camping "out east" in the Great Western Woodland south of the Coolgardie-Kalgoorlie goldfields this past week, and I am still in the throws of doing post-camping jobs and organising my very full calendar this week. 

So just a short post from me today, but I promise images from our camping trip and the amazing wildflowers out there very soon. Watch this place!

On our return from our trip we stayed a couple of nights at my family's property in the central wheatbelt. The grain crops are looking amazing, and harvest will commence in the next 3 or 4 weeks. This is wheat in the process of ripening and drying off ready for harvest.




The wildflowers are also blooming along the road verges and in the bush blocks. 
Below you can see (common names only) - from top corner left - Featherflower, Dampiera, Cone Flower, Mottlecah, Flame Grevillea, One-sided Bottlebrush, Pop Flower, and Everlastings. 


The Mottlecah (Eucalyptus macrocarpa) is an amazing plant. We found quite a lot of it north west of Corrigin along Copestakes-Williams Rd and along the Corrigin-Wogerlin Rd. It is a very straggly spreading large bush/tree 1-5 metres tall. The red flowers are 5-8cm across, with a silver cap (you can see below) before flowering. They have thick, flat, silvery leaves 5-8cm long and 3-6cm wide. There range is from Geraldton to Jurien, Wagin and Moora.





The route through the central wheatbelt is on the way to the iconic Wave Rock.  Here's a fun video from UTube - Rocking Out on the Pathways to Wave Rock - 



That is is from me today, but I'll be back next week with more on our travels and the amazing spring wildflowers of Western Australia.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I value your comments and look forward to hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return. Have a wonderful week.

I am linking up to the link-ups below. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best! 

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays

Lifestyle Fifty Monday Linkup 
Our World Tuesday

Through My Lens 
Image-in-ing
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Worth Casing Wednesday
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday

The Weekly Postcard

20 comments:

  1. That Flame Grevillea is fantastic, what a beautiful plant. I am reading a book about bread and the difference quality/type of wheat makes in baking, so I am especially drawn to your wheat fields. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours especially the softness of the grey leaves x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots of your pretty Australian spring, with its fields of golden wheat and meadows of delicate flowers! Our bottle brush flowers are slightly different on Crete, but I can see the 'family' resemblance! Thanks for sharing the rebirth of nature in your neck of the woods, Jill!

    Happy Tuesday!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo! I will have to look up Crete bottlebrush flowers!

      Delete
  4. Oh so pretty!
    We're entering autumn here. It's my favorite season for lovely colors but I do dread winter coming our way.
    Hope you'll join us at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/poor-little-birdie.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those wildflowers are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are beautiful and the wheat fields remind me of where we grew up in the Palouse country of Eastern Washington State on the northwest corner of the US. So similar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you captured the wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The eucalyptus plant is a fascinating one, pretty flowers.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for labeling the wildflowers. I recognize 3 of them, although I didn't realize that the bottlebrush came one sided!
    --Lucy from America

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice work. There are some compelling images here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great website and what a lovely flower. Love the contrast of the pink/gray.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the field of wheat they are so beautiful

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exquisite photos ... I'm partial to the wheat fields, being a prairie girl from Alberta, Canada.

    Wishing you a beautiful day...
    Brenda


    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Jill. You have captured the wheat fields perfectly. It reminds me of my cousin's farm in Victoria where I loved to visit when I was a child. I'm looking forward to seeing more wildflower photos as well. They are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy seeing wildflowers spreading their joy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm such a sucker for eucalypt flowers - and some of the best I've seen are in WA (I know I won't get any argument from you)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's interesting how we are so close but our flowers are so different! Love to see your Aussie colors.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.