Welcome to Life Images by Jill

Welcome to Life Images by Jill.........Stepping into the light and bringing together the images and stories of our world. I am a photographer, writer and multi-media artist.
Focussing mainly on Western Australia and Australia, I am seeking to preserve images and memories of the beautiful world in which we live and the people in it.

Welcome!

Welcome!
PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO GO TO MY RED BUBBLE STORE.

Monday 14 October 2013

On the road through South Australia

 Welcome back to Life Images by Jill. I have been away for the last few weeks travelling with my family around South Australia. We had a fantastic trip, but it it was lovely to return home and to catch up with our family and friends, and sleep in my own bed, and stand under my own shower! 
I have missed catching up with all my lovely readers and your blogs, but now I am back and ready to share some more of my amazing country and travels with you. 


Australia is a big and diverse country -  and 10,318 kms and 5 weeks 4 days later..... we are back in Western Australia after our South Australian trip. We certainly covered some ground, saw some amazing scenery, met some lovely people and had some great experiences. Here is a small sample of what I hope to show you more of over the next few weeks.


First we had to cross the Nullarbor Plain on the Eyre Highway - watch out for the trucks, Royal Flying Doctor airstrip on the highway, and kangaroos, camels and wombats (we did see emus and kangaroos, not not camels and wombats - you wouldn't want to hit one). 

It will take us 3 and a half days to get from our home on the west coast of Western Australia to Streaky Bay on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia, so we will be bush camping.


We will also see fantastic cliff top views, complete with whales, at the Bunda Cliffs along the Great Australian Bight, and stunning sunsets.



We will travel more than half way across Australia, see amazing unique wildflowers, lizards sunning themselves, and astounding rock formations which seem to be pushing themselves out of the earth (these were at the Organ Pipes in the Gawler National Park - you can see some of them in the bottom right image).



There will be amazing landscapes, deserts to cross, outback tracks, heritage ruins, an old railway line, tiny towns, and sunsets that fill the sky



  There will be salt lakes - and we will fly over Lake Eyre - the fifth largest (9,690 square kilometres) terminal lake in the world although it usually contains little or no water.


 There will be gorges and mountain ranges to hike through


There will be cities to explore, culture to absorb, wineries to visit, and rivers to cross



There will be amazing coastal vistas, beaches to walk along, sealion colonies to visit and you will see where the pelicans build their nests.



and yes there will be kangaroos and emus



and most definitely there will be sunset drinks.



So I hope you will join me. 
Thankyou for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed this small snapshot of what I hope to bring you in more detail over the coming weeks.  

You can catch up by clicking on the links below -



I am linking up to Mosaic Monday, Travel Photos Monday, Our World Tuesday, Tuesday Around the World, Travel Photo Thursday, What's It Wednesday, and Oh the Places I've Been. Please click on the links to see fabulous contributions from around the world - virtual touring at its best!

Mosaic Monday
Travel Photo Mondays
Our World Tuesday
Tuesday Around the World  
What's It Wednesday
Travel Photo Thursday
 Oh The Places I've Been

You might also like............


Cave Hill, Burra Rock and Woodlines, Western Australia
Dehydrating food for camping saves space and weight

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful landscape! I love the photo of the cliffs, what a breathtaking sight! I look forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing the diversity of Australia's scenery and wildlife. I'm sure your trip was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Jill, what an amazing trip. You have really piqued my interest with this taster of photos, along with a storyline that promises so much more. I think you are going to make long dusty roads and endless horizons appear unique and very special and I can't wait for future posts. Loved your photos and collages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing trip! I love the scenery and the wildlife!! Thanks for sharing your amazing country, Jill! Have a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, loving your photos. xxx Rae

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like an incredible trip. I smiled at the road signs; let's just say the animals are different than the usual deer signs I'd see by the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful places and shots! The scenery is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been a wonderful trip. Looking forward to more photo´s of that beautiful country

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post! I will be back to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great, how I would love to be able to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm joining you as a friend of Johanna and the Boomer Travelers. What fantastic pictures of a country that I hope to visit someday. Thanks for sharing your photos. http://retireforthefunofit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indeed, Remarkable tour!
    Wonderful looking the landscapes and wildlife..thanks for sharing your experience with us..
    and also yours most welcome back at my new post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Australia is a country with endless list of amazing places to see. So much is there, which attracts visitors from all around the world. And the above pictures shows the reason behind that.

    Thanks
    Nick
    australiarentcar.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree that traveling is fun, but coming home is sweet, too. I really like the scope of this post, but my favorite part is the signs, especially the multi-species silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a trip - and one I'll look forward to reading about in more detail. This is something I could definitely see myself doing. In fact you have just planted a seed...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the diversity of the landscape and the vast open spaces. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't even know what to say -- so many wonderful and diverse photos! What a trip! I don't know why, but I never thought that there would be camels in Australia. Huh...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back! That looked like an epic trip. There's so much diversity in nature and landscapes in your photos. Beautiful photos and I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the nice comment you left on my post about Pompeii. I love that you are trying to pursue your dreams. I too would love to get paid to travel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. when i was young I wanted to go to Australia. As an adult I have only visited the airport. Seems like a pity when I see your images.

    http://nftravel.blogspot.se/2013/10/honolulu-130811-130902-summary.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful your trip seems to have been and so fantastic to see some fom your beautiful country :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos make me want to jump on a plane right now! Oh such a gorgeous country. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bush camping? Quite novel! But yes, road trips can be long and tedious. I hope you were able to get to your destination safe and sound. In my case, I would always take an RV when doing such long journey. The last time, I rent one to go South Wales. It was quite memorable!

    (-==Katelyn==-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderfull fotos in this post, greeting from Belgium

    ReplyDelete
  25. HHHMMMmmm... some familiar - and some NOT so familiar pix!! Look forward to seeing the rest!!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog. Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to comment. I read and very much appreciate every comment and love hearing from you. I will try to visit your blogs in return.